Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Japan Trip 5 The Sights

Peaches came home the next day I thought she would rest no way Jama said. We must go sight seeing and shopping and this we did. Titus and Peaches were wonderful host and hostess. I had a pool at the hotel they came 4 times to swim. The kids did we sat , watch and visited. Very relaxing. Peaches got passes for us so we could go on all the basses there. They have Kadena air force base, Foster Marine Camp. Camp Shield which is Navy. They are Americanize. You would never have to leave the bases they have every thing for families. Very well equipped. Titus took us twice to a restaurant on Kedena where they live you have to belong to nco club to get to Rockers Restaurant they had great American food. First time we went they had yellow table cloths with all the trimming next time they were red. I like this. First day we went to Starbucks, the next time to McDonald's. Even a A.W. But what was nice we went to Kentucky fried chicken they called theirs Colonial Sanders. Had a nice stature of him in front with his cane. Well while there a gentleman kept watching us I knew he was from American so I go over and introduce myself he has lived there 40 years. Has a business.there he wanted his pictures taken with all of us.I was told about the Miracle Mile St. Peaches found it any one that has been there knows Kokusai St. is to Naha as Broadway is to New York. It was very interesting. They took us to the Pineapple Park now this an experience. They put us in a 8 seated golf cart place me behind the wheel. I said : O my” but it did its own thing. They had speakers and it took us to acres of Pine apple things. Beautiful. hard to explain. They had wine testing.area Sea shell gallery area. They had Pineapples fields. Fern Forest ,areas. There were Tropical Green House areas.all this we saw while on the cart but when we got off we walked and walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment